Showing posts with label sex offenders. Show all posts
Showing posts with label sex offenders. Show all posts

Friday, September 14, 2012

U.S. Marshals Add Convicted Child Predator to 15 Most Wanted



WASHINGTON – The U.S. Marshals Service added a convicted child predator to its 15 Most Wanted fugitive list today.

Clyde Hall Jr., a career sex offender, who is wanted in the Northern District of New York for violation of federal supervised release, failed to report to a halfway house in New York after serving a 25-month prison sentence for violations of the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act at the Butner Federal Correctional Institute in North Carolina.

Hall has a violent and abusive criminal history dating back to 1985 with prior convictions for assault and multiple sex offenses. He is clinically diagnosed as a sociopathic psychosexual career sex offender and the State of New York has labeled him a Tier III sex offender, its most dangerous sex offender classification.

“Hall is a vicious sex offender with violent tendencies and a history that dictates he will most assuredly offend again,” said David L. Harlow, Assistant Director for Investigative Operations. “It is imperative that we employ every available investigative resource to immediately locate and arrest Hall before he has the opportunity to once again prey upon innocent women and children.”

Authorities warn that Hall is sexually attracted primarily to adolescent girls, but has secondary interests in and an attraction to younger boys. He has admitted to sexually abusing two 10-year-old girls and forcibly raping two adult women while in his twenties. Hall’s condition requires a high degree of clinical supervision and dictates he must participate in sex offender treatment. He poses a high degree of danger to the community.

“Hall is a career sex offender who committed countless violent acts against innocent women and children,” said David L. McNulty, U.S. Marshal for the Northern District of New York. “His capture deserves our full investigative attention and we will work with our federal, state, and local partners to ensure justice is served against this violent sexual predator. Hall cannot escape the long arm of the law.”

A reward of up to $25,000 is offered for information leading directly to his arrest.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the nearest U.S. Marshals office or the U.S. Marshals Service Communications Center at 1-800-336-0102.

Additional information about the U.S. Marshals Service can be found at http://www.usmarshals.gov

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Del Rio Border Patrol Agents Seize $500k Worth of Pot; Nab Two Convicted Sex Offenders



Del Rio, Texas – U.S. Border Patrol agents assigned to the Del Rio Sector seized more than 600 pounds of marijuana and arrested two convicted sex offenders Monday, in two separate incidents. 

Monday, Eagle Pass Station agents working on an area ranch stopped a 1994 Chevrolet pickup loaded with several large bundles in the bed of the vehicle. Agents arrested the United States citizen driver, identified as Ernesto Avila, who attempted to abscond but was apprehended after a brief foot pursuit. The vehicle contained more than 670 pounds of marijuana, worth $536,640. During processing, agents discovered that Avila had been convicted of second degree sexual assault of a child in 2002. The case was turned over to the Drug Enforcement Administration.

In a separate incident, agents arrested RUIZ-Umana, Feliciano, 71, a legal permanent resident from El Salvador, for entry without inspection. During processing, agents discovered that RUIZ-Umana had a prior conviction for lewd acts with a child under 14 years of age in 2000. RUIZ-Umana also has an outstanding warrant in California and will be processed for removal from the country.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the management, control, and protection of our Nation's borders at and between the official ports of entry. CBP is charged with keeping terrorists and terrorist weapons out of the country while enforcing hundreds of U.S. laws.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Convicted Sex Offender Sentenced To Life


Oklahoma Fugitive Captured By Task Force in 2011, Sentenced in 2012

San Antonio, TX – Matthew Mallory, 36, convicted sex offender, entered a plea of guilty earlier this week to 4 counts of child abuse by intentional infliction of mental injury, before an Oklahoma District Court Judge in Kingfisher County. In April 2011, authorities in Oklahoma issued an arrest warrant for Mallory who was captured by the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force in San Antonio.

Last year, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations contacted the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force to assist in the search for Mallory, who went on the run accompanied by his 14-year old niece, Ariel. It was determined that the two were in San Antonio after they were seen by witnesses at a local drug store. Mallory had a prior conviction for second-degree rape and while on the run was considered to be armed and dangerous. After a 2-day manhunt, task force officers located Mallory and Ariel near a south side ranch in San Antonio. Mallory was taken into custody without incident and Ariel was reunited with her family.

District Judge Paul Woodward accepted Mallory’s plea of guilty to the charges and sentenced him to 4 consecutive life sentences in a state prison. The District Attorney’s Office learned that Mallory had been sexually assaulting Ariel since the age of 9 and had sexually assaulted 3 other young girls as well.

Robert Almonte, United States Marshal for the Western District of Texas, states, “It’s sad when anyone is the victim of sexual assault, especially a child. I sincerely hope that Mallory’s conviction will help these children to one day find closure and peace. Thanks to the men and women who worked so diligently and tirelessly to ensure that justice was served.”

Members of the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force:

San Antonio Police Department
San Antonio Independent School District Police Department
Bexar County Sheriff’s Office
Comal County Sheriff’s Office
Bexar County Fire Marshal's Office
Bexar County District Attorney’s Office
Texas Office of The Attorney General
Texas Department of Public Safety
Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Office of the Inspector General
U.S. Marshals Service

Additional information about the U.S. Marshals Service can be found at http://www.usmarshals.gov.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Olathe Man Charged with Bank Robbery After Arrest at Gentlemen’s Club


KANSAS CITY, KS—Ronald Huddleston, 63, Olathe, Kansas, is charged with one count of aggravated bank robbery, U.S. Attorney Barry Grissom said today. The crime is alleged to have occurred July 5, 2010, in Olathe, Kansas.

Huddleston initially was charged July 6 in a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Kansas City, Kansas. The complaint alleged Huddleston carried a handgun when he robbed the Enterprise Bank & Trust located in a Price Chopper store on North Parker in Olathe. He handed the teller a red Price Chopper bag and told her to put cash in it. He opened his blazer to show the clerk the handle of a gun in his waistband. When Huddleston drove away from the bank, a witness wrote down part of the number on the tag of the light blue Jaguar he was driving. He was arrested when detectives spotted the car at Bonita Flats on West 175th Street in Olathe.

If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of 20 years and a fine up to $250,000. The FBI investigated. Assistant U.S. Attorney Jabari Wamble is prosecuting.

Other Indictments
Thomas Taylor, 36, Leavenworth, Kansas, and Alicia Walton, 35, Leavenworth, Kansas, are charged with one count of maintaining a residence in furtherance of drug trafficking at an apartment in Leavenworth, Kansas. In addition, Taylor is charged with three counts of distributing crack cocaine, one count of possession with intent to distribute crack cocaine, one count of possession with intent to distribute marijuana, one count of carrying a firearm in furtherance of drug trafficking, and one count of unlawful possession of a firearm after a felony conviction. The crimes are alleged to have occurred in February and March 2012 in Leavenworth, Kansas.

Upon conviction, the crimes carry the following penalties:

■Distribution or possession with intent to distribute crack cocaine: A maximum penalty of 20 years and a fine up to $1 million on each count.
■Possession with intent to distribute marijuana: A maximum penalty of five years and a fine up to $250,000.
■Maintaining a residence in furtherance of drug trafficking: A maximum penalty of 20 years and a fine up to $500,000.
■Unlawful possession of a firearm in furtherance of drug trafficking: Not less than five years and not more than life, consecutive to any other sentence imposed, and a fine up to $250,000.
■Unlawful possession of a firearm after a felony conviction: A maximum penalty of 10 years and a fine up to $250,000.

The Leavenworth Police Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives investigated. Assistant U.S. Attorney Sheri McCracken is prosecuting.

Ronald E. Schwensow, 60, Leavenworth, Kansas, is charged with escaping from the U.S. Penitentiary Prison Camp in Leavenworth. The crime is alleged to have occurred June 21, 2011.

If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of five years and a fine up to $250,000. The U.S. Marshals Service investigated. Assistant U.S. Attorney David Zabel is prosecuting.

Brett W. Ellis, 39, Gardner, Kansas, is charged with two counts of receiving child pornography and one count of possessing child pornography. The crimes are alleged to have occurred in January, March and April 2011 in Gardner, Kan.

If convicted, he faces a penalty of not less than five years and not more than 20 years on each of the counts of receiving child pornography and a maximum penalty of 10 years and a fine up to $250,000 on the possession charge. The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office investigated. Assistant U.S. Attorney Kim Martin is prosecuting.

Gilbert Dewayne Baker, 58, Kansas City, Kansas, is charged with failing to register as a sex offender as required by the federal Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act. The crime is alleged to have occurred January 14, 2010, in Wyandotte County, Kansas.

If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of 10 years and a fine up to $250,000. The U.S. Marshals Service investigated. Assistant U.S. Attorney Kim Martin is prosecuting.

Jesus Rios-Zamora, 41, a foreign citizen who has been living in Kansas City, Kansas, is charged with unlawfully re-entering the United States after being convicted of an aggravated felony and deported. He was found May 17, 2012, in Wyandotte County, Kansas.

If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in federal prison and a fine up to $250,000. Immigration and Customs Enforcement investigated. Assistant U.S. Attorney Scott Rask is prosecuting.

Jose Gusman, 39, a citizen of El Salvador who has been living in Liberal, Kansas, is charged with unlawfully re-entering the United States after being deported.

If convicted he faces a maximum penalty of two years in federal prison and a fine up to $250,000. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Enforcement and Removal Service investigated. Assistant U.S. Attorney Blair Watson is prosecuting.

Carlos Ivan Lasalde-Flores, 31, a citizen of Mexico, is charged with unlawfully re-entering the United States after being deported. He was found in Sedgwick County, Kansas.

If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of two years in federal prison without parole and a fine up to $250,000. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Enforcement and Removal Service investigated. Assistant U.S. Attorney Brent Anderson is prosecuting.

Rondrell Robinson, 24, Kansas City, Kansas, is charged with unlawful possession of a firearm after a felony conviction. The crime is alleged to have occurred March 27, 2012, in Lenexa, Kansas.

If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of 10 years in federal prison and a fine up to $250,000. The FBI investigated. Assistant U.S. Attorney Kim Martin is prosecuting.

Rogelio Reynoso-Gomez, 27, a foreign citizen who has been living in Kansas City, Kansas, is charged with unlawful possession of a firearm by a alien illegally in the United States. The crime is alleged to have occurred June 22, 2012, in Wyandotte County, Kansas.

If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of 10 years in federal prison and a fine up to $250,000. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the U.S. Marshals Service, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives investigated. Assistant U.S. Attorney Scott Rask is prosecuting.

Antonio Canales-Rivera, 29, a citizen of Mexico, is charged with illegally re-entering the United States after being convicted of an aggravated felony and deported. He was found June 19, 2012, in Kansas City, Kansas.

If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in federal prison and a fine up to $250,000. Immigration and Customs Enforcement investigated. Assistant U.S. Attorney Jabari Wamble is prosecuting.

James Christmas, 44, Olathe, Kansas, is charged with possession of child pornography. The crime is alleged to have occurred Aug. 14, 2010, in Johnson County, Kansas.

If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of 10 years in federal prison and a fine up to $250,000. The Olathe Police Department investigated. Assistant U.S. Attorney Kim Martin is prosecuting.

Efrain Contreras-Cesareo, 25, Kansas City, Kansas, is charged with unlawful possession of a firearm by a alien illegally in the United States. The crime is alleged to have occurred June 22, 2012, in Wyandotte County, Kansas.

If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of 10 years in federal prison and a fine up to $250,000. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the U.S. Marshals Service, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives investigated. Assistant U.S. Attorney Scott Rask is prosecuting.

Gilmar Dagoberto Barrera-Rivas, 47, a citizen of Guatemala who has been living in Wichita, is charged with unlawfully re-entering the United States after being deported. He was found June 21, 2012, in Sedgwick County, Kansas.

If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of two years in federal prison without parole and a fine up to $250,000. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Enforcement and Removal Service investigated. Assistant U.S. Attorney Brent Anderson is prosecuting.

Juan Manuel-Hernandez-Chavez, 36, a foreign citizen who has been living in Wichita, Kansas, is charged with one count of making a false statement on an I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form, three counts of providing false information to the Social Security Administration in connection with his employment at Drywall Systems Inc., and three counts of aggravated identity theft.

Upon conviction, the crimes carry the following penalties:

■Making a false statement on an I-9 form: A maximum penalty of five years without parole and a fine up to $250,000.
■Making a false statement to the Social Security Administration: A maximum penalty of five years without parole and a fine up to $250,000 on each count.
■Aggravated identity theft: A mandatory two years to run consecutively to the sentence on other counts and a fine up to $250,000.
Homeland Security Investigations investigated. Assistant U.S. Attorney Brent Anderson is prosecuting.

In all cases, defendants are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty. The indictments merely contain allegations of criminal conduct.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

U.S. Marshals, State and County Conduct Sex Offender Compliance Check in Marathon County


Marathon County, WI – The U.S. Marshals along with the Wisconsin Department of Corrections Sex Offender Registry Program, the Marathon County Sheriff’s Department, and the Wausau Police Department conducted a residence verification operation for registered sex offenders. On June 26th and June 27th teams checked the addresses of 188 registered sex offenders in Marathon County. At least 6 were found to be non-compliant. The Sex Offender Registry Program Specialist will investigate and make recommendations to the district attorney.

This initiative is part of the working relationship between the U.S. Marshals Sex Offender Investigations Branch and the Wisconsin Department of Corrections Sex Offender Registration Program which monitors all 22,055 Wisconsin Sex Offenders. The Wisconsin Department of Corrections maintains a database for the general public at http://offender.doc.state.wi.us/public/.

Additional information about the U.S. Marshals Service can be found at http://www.usmarshals.gov.