Saturday, July 04, 2009

What Makes a Warrior?

Tracy E. Barnhart

I have written many training articles and trained many individuals who I hope never need the tactics and strategies that I have shown. I often wonder while pondering and reminiscing of old times hoping that I told each student everything that I knew or have shown them the details of the tactics necessary to subdue the resisting individual. However, I always return to the same thought, “what makes a warrior?” In a very real sense, corrections employees serve more time in prison than many inmates, they just serve it in eight-hour installments! The famous criminologist, James B. Jacobs noted, "A career correctional officer in effect commits himself to a life sentence in prison."

READ ON
www.police-writers.com/articles/what_makes_warrior.html

No comments: